Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Outdoor Chalkboard Sign

Don’t you just love when a great idea pops into your head and it actually works?  A couple of weeks ago I was thinking how cool it would be to have an outdoor chalkboard sign.  The uses are endless.  You could use it for garage sales, lost pets, lemonade stand, a welcome sign, etc. 

I had some Krylon chalkboard spray paint.

IMG_4436

I just needed a sign so I posted on Facebook asking if anybody had one.  I was lucky enough to have a friend who not only gave one to me, but she had her son deliver it to my house. 

IMG_4435

My husband peeled the stickers off for me.  It wasn’t easy so I left them on the back side.  I painted both sides with the chalkboard paint.  My chalk scratched the sign and didn’t show up well, so I pulled out my chalk marker and stencils.

IMG_4555

I wanted my sign to welcome trick or treaters so I made it say “Happy Halloween”. 

IMG_4550

IMG_4551

I didn’t want to free hand my sign so that is why I used stencils.

A crow on top of my sign seemed like the perfect addition.

IMG_4538

  Little did I know I would have to search and search for him.  My husband predicts the neighbor’s cat will come and attack my crow. 

I also placed some pumpkins around the bottom of the sign.

IMG_4543

IMG_4548

IMG_4540

IMG_4547

I think my sign is too much fun and yet something I know will be useful many many times. 

Are  you ready to make a chalkboard outdoor sign now?  What will yours say?

Tracy

 

Linking to

Visit thecsiproject.com

The Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple

Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home

Remodelaholic’s Anonymous @ Remodelaholic

Show and Share Day @ Just a Girl

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails